Sunday, September 18, 2011

Love & Cherish Your Family

This week has been terribly hard for myself and my family.
We have lost a beloved uncle on my husbands side of the family. A man that made every child feel amazing... like they were the most important person in the world to him.  The funeral was held Thursday and it was so lovely. So many people had such fond memories & stories. To say goodbye was difficult but it was so wonderful to see the love that this one person had created.

That same day I was given the worst news I could imagine... my 15 year old cousin who has been fighting cancer since February 2011 was told he had two weeks to live. Can you imagine the shock I was in, first from just leaving a funeral and now I was going to lose my 15 year old cousin to cancer.

My family & I decided the very next day that we were going to drive down to Calgary and visit him in the Calgary's Children's Hospital.  On the way down we were told to "HURRY"...

I cannot begin to tell you how I feel about cancer other than it is the most horrible evil thing I have ever witnessed. I am not going to go into details, but that day (not 2 weeks later but that very next day Friday, September 16th at 2:20pm) my poor young cousin who fought so hard lost his battle with cancer. Such an amazing boy with so much more life to live, so much will to go on is my inspiration for everything I do going forward.

This week has been terribly hard for myself and my family.
We have learned that there are no second chances. That you must live life to it's fullest and love and cherish all the big and little moments we have because you never know what is planned for us. Every day is a joy, remember to smile, laugh at your little ones newest funny faces, take time to enjoy the outdoors, spend time with family and friends. Do whatever makes you happy because all those little moments make a big difference in your life when you add them all up into a whole. Life is so precious and family is the best gift we have been given we must remember to appreciate everything we have always.

Love you with all my heart my little cousin.
xoxo
Day by day...

No comments:

Post a Comment